Thursday, October 14, 2010

sleepy

I want to know what it is about moving to this city that has made me perpetually exhausted.
I'm not complaining. Just confused, really.
My classes aren't that long, my schedule isn't that full, my classes aren't THAT early. I have plenty of time for naps.
And yet...I'm always TIRED.
I'm always sleepy. I'm practically falling asleep at my desk typing this.
Perhaps it is a conspiracy. VCU puts drowsy pills in my food, to make me sleepy, to make me perform poorly in classes, to make me pay them more tuition to stay in their school even longer.
Maybe it's my bed, the matress sort of feels like a half-deflated raft after all.
Maybe its my room-mate, the weird one, who always makes weird noises all night and turns off the AC while I'm sleeping and makes me wake up sweating.
Maybe it's these blogs I have to write, they keep me up at night, so stressful you know? What am I going to write about this week? What song can I possibly write a page and a half about?

It's probably all of these things. Definitely.
It can't have anything to do with me staying up til 2 talking to my boyfriend every night.
Or reading until 3:30am because I really want to finish the book (which has nothing to do with any of my classes).
Or procrastinating all of my homework until after I get off skype at 1:30am.
Or because it seems like a good idea to wake up in the middle of the night and go on facebook and eat pudding.
Yeah, it's definitely not anything I'M doing.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I feel the same way. I am constantly tired all day. My earliest class is at 10 (and only on mondays), and other than that the earliest is at noon. It still sucks to wake up for them. I'm doing the same thing you're doing though--and I'm known for it already on my floor. I stay up all night doing nothing. I'm on facebook till 2, then I start my homework, and finish around 4. But it's definitely not anything we're doing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I don't know what it is either. I have never fallen deep asleep in class until I started college. I don't know what it is but if I want to keep good grades I better start liking coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had three exams within two days this week, I never got to sleep over 5 hours each day, I ate when my stomach starve to hurt. It was kinda frustrated and stressful, and definitely Tired!! I need some sleep now!

    ReplyDelete